Monday, October 24, 2011

The Kitchen

Some of you may know that I have recently moved into the city (yay)!  This means that I have carefully chosen an apartment to fit my needs... which means I have a kitchen.  I use the table as a counter and the coffee table as a place to cool things fresh out of the oven, and I absolutely love it.  Yesterday my best friend Emily and I decided that we were going to cook enough food to last both of us a month!  It was insane, absolutely insane, and we pulled it off.  My next blog posts will be covering all of the food we made!  It really is possible to eat healthy and be extremely busy... it just takes planning!  Here are some photos of the cart and the finished products!




We went to Trader Joes, Whole Foods, and Jewel.  We went grocery shopping on Saturday and were up early on Sunday to start the extravaganza... maybe you should eat breakfast first before tackling this.  We didn't.  And got hungry very fast.  Here are some sort of awkward pictures of the finished products... but it was the only way we had to store it all as we finished!  All the food is on the floor of my bedroom :)  I am still beaming from this experience if you couldn't tell!  It was so successful and I have so much yummy food!


This is Emily's side...


... and this is mine!  In total we had about 30 portions each and some had multiple servings.  This is what we made:

Pot roast, pulled pork, white bean chicken chili, steak chili, minestrone, carrot soup, chicken noodle soup, roasted beets (and leeks), spaghetti squash with italian sausage, twice baked butternut squash, vegetable lasagna, roasted potatoes, ginger steak, and mediterranean chicken packets.

Now this is not encouraging anyone to not cook in the week or for a month!  It's just nice to have options  on those nights when you don't feel like cooking but still want something satisfying.  It's also nice to have solid lunch choices!  It's so easy to falter at lunch, at least for me.  And lunch meat grosses me out.  So stay tuned for some wonderfully easy and some lengthier recipes that are incredible!  Sundays are so wonderful, don't you think?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment