Sunday, October 9, 2011

Tomatoes!

It is October so tomato season should be over, right?  Well, in Chicago it has been a gorgeous fall and because of this, there are STILL tomatoes coming from my tomato plant!  These pictures aren't of my tomatoes, but they are of some amazing tomatoes that I found at the farmers market earlier this season.




The variety was endless.  It was the most beautiful sight I saw this summer.  Seriously, seeing 20 different kinds of tomatoes at one farmers market stand... doesn't this excite anyone else?!


Tomato perfection.


I walked away with at least 8 different kinds of tomatoes, including this amazing heirloom which was a tasty treat!  It was so sweet it almost replaced my craving for sugar... almost.

Next up: how to can tomatoes!  This is one of those, grab a glass of wine, turn on some music, and find a comfy chair to wait in cooking projects.  Patience is a virtue, and by the time I peeled a 1/2 bushel of tomatoes, my hands felt bizarre.  But it was worth because now I know that I have 15 cans of tomatoes from local farmers that will get me through the winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment